Introducing the addy Membership Plan: Win-Win or No Deal

To date, addy has not charged our members anything for access to our investment deals. However, in order for addy to continue giving investors, like you, access to awesome real estate opportunities we need to begin our journey to making money. This is why we are rolling out an optional annual membership plan.

We have put a lot of thought into how to help our members reach their real estate investing goals while continuing to provide access to quality real estate opportunities.

We do not want to be like everyone else and charge a % fee or some other type of fee that’s hidden in the fine print. In fact, we have removed the word “fee” from our vocab.

We are all in this together and want to build a community of members that are excited by what we’re offering and see value in the real estate opportunities all while being very transparent about how we charge for it. After all, one of our core values is “Win-Win or No Deal” and we stick by it. So we thought, hey, why not call our membership plan this?

Meet Our Win-Win or No Deal Plans

No Hidden $$. Ever.

Charter Member

This is our annual membership plan. It will renew one year from the date that you first sign-up.

✔ Unlimited access to all properties as long as your membership is active

✔ Same-day access to property launches

✔ 100% Refund if not totally satisfied

✔ No other $$, just your membership

Believer

If you believe in addy and want to lock in a set price for 5 years (who knows where we’ll be then!) you can sign up for our Believer plan.

Why sign up for this? You’ll get the same benefits as our charter member plan but we won’t charge you anything more than $500 for the next 5 years.

We are only offering a handful of this tier. Get in early and guarantee your membership price and perhaps a few other secret perks! ?

Tip addy

We want to meet you where you are in your financial journey so if our annual membership plan does not work for you, feel free to pay addy what you feel is right each time you invest in a property.

✔ Access to properties

Just Learning

If you’re an investing noob or simply want to test the water with addy then this option is for you. If you want to invest in more than one property, you’ll need to move to our Tip or Charter Member Plan.

✔ First Investment Free

? FAQs

How will I be charged for membership?

We will charge your addy wallet. But don’t worry, you can still invest the full amount in your wallet, we’ll simply put your wallet in overdraft – pay us back the next time you fund it 🙂

Where will I be able to see this charge?

This charge will be a line item in your addy wallet so you’ll be able to track it there.

If I have invested in a property, do I need to pay the membership for the full term that I own that property (ie. $25/year for 5 a year term)?

No – membership gives you access to invest in NEW opportunities. If you cancel your membership your existing investments will remain and you’ll continue to have access to their updates, distributions etc. but you will be unable to invest in anything new.

Can I pay monthly?

No – at this time this is an annual membership.

Can I cancel at any time?

Yes – you will be able to cancel your membership at any time.  We will roll out this functionality soon. When you cancel, you will continue to have access for the full year term of your current membership cycle.

Does it automatically renew?

Yes, unless you cancel your membership before the renewal date, it will automatically renew. We will let you know in your addy wallet when this date is coming up.

Are there any other fees?

No! We’re not like everyone else 🙂

addy does not charge any other fees or comissions. There will be no transaction fees, no property acquisition fees, no withdrawal fees, no promotion fees, no lifts on the property of any kind, nothing.

How do I sign up for a plan?

When you click on “Properties for Sale” within your addy account you’ll be prompted to select the plan that best fits your individual needs.

? Still have questions?

Click on the chat icon in the bottom right of this screen and one of our Member Services Reps will help you out.

Join Us Today:

27 thoughts on “Introducing the addy Membership Plan: Win-Win or No Deal

Stephen Jagger says:

Thanks for the feedback! We take our core value Win-Win or No Deal seriously and we think this gives everyone an option.

1. Avatar
    Alice Lesmana says:

Great model, I am supportive either way because Addy has worked hard as a team and provided us this great platform, so Thank you! But maybe I missed the $500 for 5 years plan in the meeting? Is this charged one time or over the next 5 years (i.e. $100/year) or? Is there option for people to upgrade their membership?

Stephen Jagger says:

Hi Alice – we included it as a few members wanted to be a part of a special plan. 🙂 So we created the Believers plan. It is $500 for 5 years! As for changing membership, just drop us a note and we can adjust it for you. Thanks for being an addy member!

Stephen Jagger says:

The Believer plan is limited time offering, once it is over the plan will no longer be available. Let us know if you have any questions – just click on the live chat button. Thanks for being an addy member!

Alice Lesmana says:

That’s a good point Will. I think the $500/5 years guarantees there won’t be any increase even if the membership evolves. Is that right Stephen?

• Katie Kernahan
        Katie Kernahan says:

That’s correct! We don’t know where our membership will evolve to but those that have signed up for the Believer plan will not be charged anything more during that time period.

2. Avatar
    Rod says:

My understanding of this concept is that you’re purchasing a property for investment purposes – reaping the benefits in the form of annual distributions and the capital appreciation of the property when sold eventually. This in itself is absolutely a great idea. But I think what most people would be more interested in is the opportunity to purchase as a homeowner who actually gets to live in the property – perhaps a unit in a multi-family building for example. Is this possible at all or if you’re at least considering the idea?

Stephen Jagger says:

Hi Rod – Our North Vancouver property as an example now lets the renters in the building not only rent their unit, but now they can invest into the property itself!

3. Avatar
    Stephen says:

How am i able to change the plan i’m currently in? i don’t see the ability to change that within my dashboard? thank you.

Stephen Jagger says:

Just drop us an email at hello at addyinvest.com – we have not added in the function yet to be able to switch plans. More functionality coming. 🙂

4. Avatar
    Joanna Ouimet says:

I have not been paid right now but I am sure the year membership would work for me. I am also interested what my T5 will look like come next year too as I only have the one property in North Vancouver with a small amount of shares.

Stephen Jagger says:

All addy investors that get a distribution will get a T5. The T5 will show up in your addy account in time for taxes.

5. Avatar
    Brenda Salmon says:

With the $25 charge are small investors like me going to see an ROI or is it going to be eaten up by the fee. And also the $500 option tells me that your plan is that next year or maybe the year after the yearly membership will go up to more than $100? And why not take the operating expenses off before distributing any payouts?

Stephen Jagger says:

Each property is different. You can see the return projections and the distributions within each Offering Memorandum.

6. Avatar
    E j says:

This is not something I want to pay until I see what sort of returns we can get. If this is how your moving forward I’ll hold what I have and wait and see. When was this membership idea first brought up?

7. Avatar
    Cameron Rogers says:

If you only plan to make a small investment once there is no point in becoming a member. For example if you invest just $100 and expect a 5% return you’ll make $5 less the $25 membership so you loose $20 a year and after 5 years you will be left with net zero.

Regardless of the hype of $1 investments, realistically if you want to change your financial outlook you need to figure out how to invest enough money that your investments can grow into an actual portfolio. Addy lets you make small investments regularly into various properties working with different management teams in various markets. This is a completely unique opportunity. Normally you have to commit a lot of money every time you want to buy some real estate and bear significant transaction costs.

I’ve been developing and investing in real estate for over 25 years. I’ve raised millions from investors for real estate projects I ran. I don’t need addy to help me invest in real estate but the whole idea fascinates me. It lowers the barriers so ANYONE can invest in multifamily and commercial properties. The due diligence is obviously well done and the Offering Memorandums are carefully written. I appreciate the effort they are putting into education because the more people who understand how to invest the better the world will be. I’m investing because this is another interesting way to invest in an asset class I’m already sold on as the best place to build wealth.

Stephen Jagger says:

Hi Cameron,
      Thanks for your feedback. I’m glad you like the Offering Memorandum and due diligence details within a property. 🙂

Regarding small investments, The $25 Charter Membership might not be a fit for everyone, that is why we have the Tipping Option and the Just Learning Option – so everyone can participate! Our goal is the eliminate barriers to entry and that is why we call this our “addy Membership Plan: Win-Win or No Deal”. We think it is a Win Win.

Thanks again for joining us!

8. Avatar
    Ces says:

What others call the $1.00 investment hype is not a hype ; rather…I understand it to be true to addy’s goal of >
    ” breaking down the barrier to owning Real Estate “. I read Steve Jagger very clearly explained it this way in one of his recent interview from Livabl.com, March 12, 2021 ( awesome interview with so many good info to digest ) :

“What that means to us is we enable the crowd to invest for as little as one dollar. People sometimes think about it as a bit of a marketing gimmick or it’s something like the McDonald’s dollar menu, [but] that’s not really the point.
    The point is [that] if you’re investing a dollar, sure, your returns are going to be small because it’s a small dollar amount, but what we’re trying to do is eliminate the barriers. So we don’t want to say that’s a minimum of $50 or a minimum of $100 to invest. If we said the minimum was $100 and you have $80, all of a sudden, Addy is the barrier to entry. And so, that’s why we do it at $1 to eliminate that whole barrier “.

9. Avatar
    Alice Lesmana says:

Well said Ces! The other thing I will say to everyone, “Everyone wants to make more money, but what people don’t understand is ‘making money’ comes with risk – so are you willing to take the risk?” Addy’s vision and model of “win win” to me honestly is awesome because

1. It’s an opportunity for everyone to invest in the real estate because most people don’t have the big lump sum or cash to be able to do that on their own;

2. This is a very conservative model of investing since you can invest as little or as much;

But ultimately if you want to let money work harder for you, start investing.