LAST UPDATED: August 2022
- Parties. Our website, accessible at www.addyinvest.com (the “Website”) and our associated mobile applications (collectively, the “Application”) and any and other associated software together form the addy platform (the “Platform”). The Platform in the U.S.A. is operated by addy US Corp. or one or more of its subsidiaries or affiliates, each of which may be doing business as addy (“addy”, “us”, “we”, or “our”).
- Binding Agreement. These Terms constitute an agreement between you and us. These Terms govern your use and access of the Platform, the Application, and the products and services made available by us through the Platform (collectively our “Products”). By using or accessing our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree with or accept any of these Terms, you may not access the Platform.
- addy Subsidiaries. You understand and acknowledge that the Products may operate through one or more affiliates or subsidiaries.
- Use on Behalf of Entity. If you are using the Platform on behalf of a legal entity that is not a person, such as a corporation, LLC, or partnership, then you represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative or agent of that entity with the authority to bind such entity, and you agree to these terms on behalf of such entity. In such a circumstance, both you and the entity will be bound by these Terms and the words “you” and “your” as used in these terms will refer to and apply to both you, personally, and the entity.
- Age Restrictions. Persons who are below the age of majority in their jurisdiction may not use or access the Product.
- Modifications. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify these Terms, or any part thereof, at any time, by posting the modified version accessible via our Products or providing our users notice of such changes at the email address they have registered with us. Such modification will become effective thirty (30) calendar days after notice being provided. If you do not agree to be bound by such modifications, you must cease using the Platform.
- Registration. To access our Products and to use certain areas of our Products, you must first create an account (“Account“), which may involve registering a unique username and password or logging into the Platform (the “Credentials“) and providing us with any other information we request.
- Registration Data. During the registration process, you must provide accurate information about yourself as prompted by the Platform (the “Registration Data“). You must also update the Registration Data and to keep it up-to-date and accurate.
- One Account. You may only have one active Account at one time. You may not create an account for another person, unless it is a non-individual that you control. If you already have an Account on the Platform, you may not register for another Account.
- Accounts May Not Be Transferred. Your Account may not be transferred, sold, or otherwise encumbered in any manner. Your Account and Credentials are specific to you and may not be shared with any other person.
- Security of Credentials. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account login Credentials. You will be solely responsible for any losses that you suffer because of a failure to maintain the confidentiality of your Credentials.
- Account Access. Through functionality provided by the Platform you may provide other users who have their own Account access to certain features or functionality on your Account, including allowing them to view information that would only otherwise be visible to you, or make changes to your Account that only you would otherwise be able to make. Without limiting Article 11 you agree that you are responsible for all actions taken by other users that you have provided access to your Account in this manner, and we shall not be liable to you in any manner for the actions of such users in respect to your Account.
- Communications with addy. addy may act upon any communication that is given through your Account. addy is not required to verify the actual identity or authority of a person using your Account, but addy may in its discretion at any time require verification of the identity of a person seeking to access your Account and may deny access to and use of your Account if addy is not satisfied with the verification.
- Ownership of Account. You expressly acknowledge that you have no right, title, or ownership interest of any nature to or in any Account, and your Account is not your property. Your Account is owned by addy and is licensed to you on a limited basis pursuant to these Terms.
- Suspension or Termination of Account. We may terminate or disable (either in full, or in respect to certain features) your Account at any time and for any reason or no reason whatsoever in our sole discretion without notice to you, including if you breach these Terms or we reasonably suspect you have done so, or that your Account’s security has been compromised. If you do not have an active membership and have no current investment in a Property, we will terminate your account one year after your
- Account Termination. You may terminate your Account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your deletion request and following the instructions we subsequently provide you.
Membership Charges. When you become a member, you agree to pay the applicable membership fee via one or more payment methods permitted by addy at the time of membership and agree to pay future membership charges, unless you cancel your membership as provided on the Platform.
Membership Charges Final. All membership charges are final and there will be no refunds, credits, or cancellations, except as otherwise expressly disclosed at the time of purchase, indicated by addy in writing, or as may be required under applicable law. All transactions are void where prohibited by law.
Obligation to Pay. If you fail to pay any amounts when due, addy may in its sole discretion terminate or suspend access to the Account. You will reimburse addy for all reasonable costs incurred (including reasonable attorney’s fees) in collecting past-due amounts. Unless otherwise specified herein, all payment obligations with respect to amounts due to addy in connection with the Account shall survive the expiration or termination of these Terms for any reason.
Renewal of Membership. If you have not cancelled your Account on or before 11:59PM PT on the seventh day before the anniversary of your Account being opened, then your membership will be renewed automatically, and you will pay addy the membership fee for the membership tier most closely resembling your then-current membership.
Change of Membership Tiers. addy may, in its sole discretion, change membership tiers and associated membership fees. addy will give notice of changes to membership plans and associated membership fees on the Platform. Changed membership plans and associated membership fees will become effective on the 91st day after addy gives notice of the changes on the Platform.
- Property Information. The Platform may contain information about certain investment properties that are owned or may be purchased by us (each a “Property” and collectively “Properties”), as well as plans relating to the management of these Properties. Any information relating to a Property on the Platform is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial, investment or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes, including determining the suitability of an investment in a Property. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we make no representations and warranties about any Properties except as set out in the Offering Documents (as that term is defined in section 3.2 below).
- Offering Documents Individuals who have an Account in good standing may invest in a Property through functionality provided by the Platform. To invest in a Property you must agree to execute certain documents specifying the terms of such investment and to facilitate payment of the purchase price in a form acceptable to addy, as well as other documents requested by addy, in its sole discretion (the “Offering Documents”). In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between a term in the Offering Documents and these Terms or any information available on the Platform, the Offering Documents will take precedence. Before making any investment decision you should carefully review the Offering Documents and consult with legal counsel as well as other advisors such as financial advisors and accountants.
- No Solicitation. Information about any Property on our Platform shall not be considered an offer or solicitation to purchase an interest in that Property. Offers to purchase an interest in Properties may only be made by you if you are a qualified investor (as determined by us) and via the Offering Documents in the form presented by addy. Without limiting the foregoing, nothing on the Platform is intended to or constitutes an offer or solicitation to purchase securities to:
- any person, except those noted in the Offering Documents for the particular offering;
- to any person to whom such offer or solicitation is prohibited by the laws of the jurisdiction applicable to them.
- Your Representations and Warranties. Without limiting section 3.2, by investing in a Property you represent and warrant to addy that:
- you are the age of majority in your jurisdiction;
- you are permitted by applicable law to complete the investment in the Property; and
- you have carefully reviewed these Terms and the Offering Documents and understand the risks associated with making an investment in a Property.
- Investment Risks. Without limiting the generality of section 3.2, you agree and acknowledge that:
- any investment made through the Platform carries a substantial risk, and you may lose the entire amount you invest;
- no regulatory agency or securities regulator has reviewed the Offering Documents or the merits of an investment in any Property;
- there is no guarantee that any Property in which you invest will earn any rental income, or the amount of rental income set out on the Platform, allowing you achieve a return on your investment; and
- there is no guarantee that any Property in which you invest will be sold, allowing you to achieve a return on your investment or a return of your invested capital.
- Termination of Account. If your Account is terminated or suspended, you will no longer be entitled to make any new investments through the Platform. Your ability to manage your current investments will not be affected and will continue to be governed by these Terms and the Offering Documents.
WITHDRAWING AND DEPOSITING FUNDS
- addy Wallet. Upon creating a valid Account, addy will create a ledger associated with that Account (a “Wallet”). Funds deposited by you or received by you may be deposited in a Wallet. Wallets are maintained in a segregated bank account controlled by addy. If permitted by addy, Funds may be deposited by ACH, Interac, EFT, wire transfer, or such other method as may be determined by us. Unless otherwise specified by us, all funds deposited in a Wallet must be in your local currency. Funds held in your Wallet will not bear interest.
- Credits to Wallet. Any proceeds from an investment in a Property will be credited to your Wallet. If funds are to be returned to you, including pursuant to the Offering Documents, the funds will be returned by crediting an amount equal to the amount to be returned to your Wallet.
- Accurate Banking Information. You may withdraw funds from your Wallet at any time using functionality provided by the Platform. You must provide us accurate banking information for the transfer of your funds. Any funds will be transferred based on the information you have provided, and we will not be liable to you in any manner for any errors resulting from your failure to ensure the accuracy of the banking information associated with your Account.
- Payment Initiation. If you initiate a payment to addy or receive a payment from addy, in each case via any means, then you:
consent to addy and/or the applicable third-party payment-processor debiting or crediting your bank account or charging your selected payment method via the method specified by you;
you agree that addy and/or the applicable third-party payment processor will charge, and you are responsible for, all taxes, tariffs, levies, or duties applicable to your payment, excluding taxes applied against addy’s net income. Unless otherwise expressly indicated at the time of purchase, all transactions listed through Platform are denominated in your local currency;
- agree to receive funds from addy via EFT or ACH, if you have linked your bank account to your Account; and
- agree to pay all amounts owed to us and to our affiliates on demand. Your failure to pay amounts owed to us or to our affiliates under this Agreement is a breach and you will be liable for any costs we incur during collection in addition to the amount you owe. Collection costs may include, attorneys’ fees and expenses, costs of any arbitration or court proceeding, collection agency fees, any applicable interest, and any other related cost. Where possible, we will first attempt to collect or set-off amounts owed to us and to or affiliates from balances in your Wallet.
USE OF THE PLATFORM
Restricted Users. Potential users of this Platform in any jurisdiction of the world whose laws would void these Terms in whole or in part are not permitted to use this Platform.
- Prohibited Use. As a condition of your use of the Platform, you agree that you will not:
- use the Platform for any purpose that is unlawful under applicable law, tortious, or prohibited by these Terms, including any purpose that may be considered defamatory, discriminatory, fraudulent, or otherwise malicious or harmful to any person or entity or infringes, violates, or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- use or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any Account which is not your own, or any aspects of the Platform you are not authorised to access;
- access or attempt to access the Platform through automated queries including scrapers, spiders, robots, crawlers, indexing tools, or other automated tools for the purposes of obtaining information from the Platform in an automated manner;
- harvest or otherwise collect, use, or disclose personal information about users of the Platform;
- mirror, frame, or otherwise simulate the appearance or functionality of the Platform;
- inhibit any person’s use or access of the Platform or impair any element of the Platform or its underlying infrastructure, including through accessing the Platform in a manner that could disable, overburden, or place an unreasonable load on the Platform’s infrastructure;
- reverse engineer, decompile, copy, modify, distribute, transmit, license, sublicense, display, revise, perform, transfer, sell or otherwise make available to any third party or otherwise publish, deep-link, create derivative works from or exploit in any way the Platform or its content;
- upload to the Platform any content that is abusive, threatening, defamatory or disparaging towards us or any third party, or that encourages criminal conduct or provides instructions for such illegal conduct, or could otherwise expose addy to any legal liability;
- upload to the Platform, or use the Platform to distribute, viruses, trojans, malware or other harmful software code of any nature;
- represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, person, product, or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing; or
- remove any intellectual property or proprietary property notices, including copyright and trademark notices, from the Platform.
- Platform Availability. While we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the Platform is available, we do not represent, warrant, or guarantee in any way the Platform’s continued or uninterrupted availability. You acknowledge that access and use of the Platform may be subject to bugs, malfunctions, delays, and downtime.
- Information on Platform. addy reserves the right to monitor, edit, review, or remove content from the Platform at any time, including User Content (as that term is defined in section 8.1 below). While we make reasonable efforts to ensure that the information available through the Platform is accurate, we do not represent, warrant or promise (whether expressly or by implication) that any such information is accurate, complete, or free from errors or omissions or fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance you may place on the information on the Platform is at your own risk.
- Access to Platform. We do not represent the Platform will function as intended when used in conjunction with all hardware and with all software. You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining compatible devices necessary to access and use the Platform.
- Ownership of Materials. The Platform and materials provided on the Platform including, without limitation, the addy Templates, content, images site design, text, graphics and the selection and arrangement thereof, are the intellectual property of addy and addy reserves all right to the same. Nothing in these Terms shall act as a license or assignment to such materials unless expressly specified by us. You may not copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, publicly display, or otherwise commercially exploit the Platform or materials in any manner without our express written permission.
- Trademarks. addy and related words and logos are trademarks or trade names of addy in Canada and other jurisdictions. Nothing in these Terms or on this Platform will be construed as granting a licence or other right to you to use any such trademarks or trade names. The names of other companies, products and services referred to on this Platform may be trademarks or trade names of their respective owners. Any unauthorized use of the trademarks or trade names of addy or of third parties is strictly prohibited.
- User License. Subject to and conditioned on your compliance with these Terms, addy hereby grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, revocable license to: (a) access and view the Platform and User Content (as that term is defined in section 8.1 below); and (b) download, install, and use the Application any other Platform software for the limited purpose of facilitating your personal use of the Platform. Such license is automatically terminated on termination of your Account for any reason.
- DMCA. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and will quickly respond to any claims of copyright infringement reported in relation to the Website. If you find anything on the Website that you believe infringes your copyright or the copyrights of a party you are authorized to represent, please report the alleged infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). To do so, please provide our copyright agent (“Copyright Agent”) with the following information:
- identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- identification of the allegedly copyright infringing content our Platform that you desire to have removed or disabled;
- your contact information including name, address, email address, and phone number;
- a physical or digital signature of the true copyright holder or their authorized representative;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the allegedly copyright infringing material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you that the information in the DMCA Notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our Copyright Agent may be reached at the following contact information:
If in the U.S.A: addy – 8 The Green, Suite #13580 Dover, Delaware 19901 U.S.A.
If outside the U.S.A.: addy – Suite # 352 – 3381 Cambie St. Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4R3
Please be aware that pursuant to copyright laws of some jurisdictions, a person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be liable for damages.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
- User Content. Portions of this Platform allow you to post and exchange information with other users, as well as for the purposes of utilising your addy Plus subscription (collectively “User Content“). User Content includes images, text, audio, and video, your Account details, any questions, comments, or feedback you might have about the Platform, and any information or documents submitted by you to the Platform pursuant to your use of addy Plus. You retain the copyright and any other rights you already hold in User Content. By Submitting User Content on our Platform, you grant the addy a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid up, royalty-free, assignable, transferable, and sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) license to exploit, use, access, store, reproduce, adapt, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, repost, publish, sublicense, create derivative works from, and distribute your User Content, subject to these Terms, without any notice or compensation to you or any other person (the “User Content License”). You represent and warrant to addy that you have all the rights, power, and authority necessary to grant the User Content License and that any User Content you submit to us or otherwise post on the Platform is and shall be your own original work or work which you are authorized to supply to us. You also irrevocably and unconditionally waive all moral rights you may now or in the future have in any such User Content. You agree that addy owns all data, information, materials, derivative works, and content derived or created from or using the User Content (“Derivative Content”).
- Responsibility. You understand that all User Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted when posting, sharing, displaying, sending, or submitting material using the Platform, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom it originated. This means that you, and not addy, are entirely responsible: (i) for all User Content that you upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available via the Platform or Products; and (ii) for ensuring that all User Content is accurate, lawful, and does not include misleading information or infringe or violate anyone’s rights. addy does not control the User Content posted via the Platform and, therefore, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of any User Content. You therefore agree that you will not hold addy responsible or liable for any inaccuracies or for any errors or omissions in any User Content, or for any loss, injury or damages of any kind incurred because of the use of or reliance upon any User Content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Platform or Services.
- Removal of Content. Please note that posted or transmitted User Content does not necessarily reflect the views of addy, and addy disclaims all responsibility for any such User Content and for any losses or expenses resulting from its use. You acknowledge that addy does not pre-screen, monitor, or modify User Content, but that addy has the right (but not the obligation) to refuse, remove, modify, or delete any User Content that is available via the Platform that violates these Terms, or is otherwise objectionable, in our discretion.
- Data Security. You agree and acknowledge that the Platform is not a secure means of communication and any information or content you supply to us, including User Content will not be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not submit or send to us any information, written or oral, which you regard as confidential or commercially sensitive or valuable. You agree and acknowledge we shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality nor be liable for any use and/or disclosure of any information you provide to us.
- Data Backup. While the Platform may provide for storage of User Content, it does not replace the need for you to independently maintain regular data backups or redundant data archives. You also agree and acknowledge that in the event your Account is terminated for any reason, addy shall have no obligation to continue to store your User Content, and such content may be irretrievably deleted by us without notice to you. Without limiting Article 11 you agree that addy has no obligation or liability for any loss, alteration, destruction, damage, corruption, or recovery of your User Content.
- Third-Party Rights Warranty. You represent, warrant, and covenant to addy that your User Content do not violate the privacy rights, intellectual property rights, or any other rights, of any third party.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND CONTENT
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- Your Representations and Warranties. In addition to and not in derogation of any other representations and warranties you provide to us in these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that:
- you have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside;
- the performance of your obligations under these Terms will not violate, conflict with, or result in a default under any other agreement, including confidentiality agreements between you and third parties;
- you are using the Platform in a jurisdiction where access to, and use of, the Platform (or any part thereof) is not prohibited or illegal;
- all information you provide to us is accurate and complete, including, without limitation, your age and residency information provided for your Credentials;
- your User Content does not violate the privacy rights, intellectual property rights, or any other rights, of any third party;
- you understand the contents of these Terms and have had the opportunity to obtain legal advice with respect to these Terms before agreeing to be bound by them; and
- you have the capacity and authority to enter into and perform your obligations under these Terms.
- Your Representations and Warranties. In addition to and not in derogation of any other representations and warranties you provide to us in these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that:
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES & LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE THAT YOU USE THE PLATFORM AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE PLATFORM INCLUDING THE ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PLATFORM ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ADDY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER STATUTORY, EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE PLATFORM OR SUCH PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FORGOING, THE PLATFORM AND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT STATUTORY, IMPLIED, OR EXPRESS WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, CURRENCY, RELIABILITY, EFFECTIVENESS, USABILITY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE PLATFORM WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT ERRORS, INTERRUPTION, OR DOWNTIME.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ADDY OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, JOINT VENTURES, LICENSORS (EXCEPT OTHER USERS), AGENTS, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, OR SUBSIDIARIES (COLLECTIVELY, “ADDY REPRESENTATIVES”) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR OR RELATED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUES, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, USE, DATA LOSS, PERSONAL INJURY, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, DAMAGE TO REPUTATION, COMMERCIAL LOSS, FINANCIAL LOSS, OR ECONOMIC LOSS, OR INTANGIBLE LOSSES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER THEORY OR BASIS OF LIABILITY. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION SHALL APPLY EVEN IF ADDY OR ADDY REPRESENTATIVES, HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. FOR GREATER CERTAINTY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, addy, AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANYTHING WHICH RESULTS FROM:
- YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE PLATFORM;
- YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE PLATFORM DUE TO ANY CAUSE;
- YOUR RELIANCE ON CONTENT, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, OR INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON THE PLATFORM;
- YOUR USE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PLATFORM;
- YOUR INVESTMENT IN ANY PROPERTY THROUGH THE PLATFORM;
- ANY ACT YOU TAKE OR FAIL TO TAKE AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE THE PLATFORM;
- ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE PLATFORM.
- Limitation of Liability. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF SECTION 11.2, IN NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL ADDY OR ADDY REPRESENTATIVES’ AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS EXCEED ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS OR THE EQUIVALENT IN LOCAL CURRENCY IN ALL CASES.
- Limitation Period. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, RIGHT, LIABILITY OR CLAIM (COLLECTIVELY, A “CLAIM”) YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST ADDY OR ADDY REPRESENTATIVES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF A PRODUCT MUST BE COMMENCED IN ARBITRATION WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION AORSE. AFTER THAT ONE (1)-YEAR PERIOD, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- Security Breach. addy strives to keep your personal information, User Content, and Account safe from security breaches; however, we cannot guarantee the safety or security of your personal information, User Content, or Account. If you believe that a security breach is occurring, or will occur, you must notify us immediately. BY USING THE PLATFORM, YOU AGREE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, TO RELEASE addy AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES FROM ALL AND ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY HARM, INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF A SECURITY BREACH, FAILURE, OR SHORT COMING OF THE SERVICES.
- Legal Limitation. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, if applicable law limits or prohibits the application of sections 11.1 to 11.5, then addy and its Representatives liability will be limited and excluded to the maximum extent permissible.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless addy and its Representatives (as that term is defined in section 11.2 above) from and against any and all claims, proceedings, suits, disputes, demands, threats, actions, obligations, liabilities, costs (including legal and accounting fees), damages, losses, penalties, fees, expenses, and injuries arising or resulting from: (a) your use of the Platform; (b) your breach of these Terms; (c) any violation of any right of, or harm or loss of, any person caused by you; or (d) your violation of any law, regulation, order, or by-law. addy reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you and you shall not in any event settle any matter without the prior written consent of addy. You will co-operate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any indemnified claim.
- Reliance. You understand and agree that we are making the Platform available to you in reliance upon the limitations and exclusions of liability, indemnities, release, and the disclaimers set forth herein and that the same form an essential basis of the contract between you and us. You agree that the limitations and exclusions of liability, indemnities, and the disclaimers set forth herein will survive, and continue to apply in the case of a fundamental breach or breaches of, the failure of essential purpose of contract, the failure of any exclusive remedy or the termination, suspension, or cancellation of your Account or suspension or termination of use of, or access to, Platform.
- Mandatory Arbitration. Subject to section 12.2 below, you agree that in the event of any dispute between you and addy arising out of or relating to these Terms or the relationship between any addy and you, that you and addy shall consult and negotiate with each other and, recognizing your mutual interests, attempt to reach a solution satisfactory to both you and addy. If you and addy do not reach settlement within a period of sixty (60) days, such controversy or claim, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitration shall be held in Seattle, Washington. The number of arbitrators shall be one, and the language of the arbitration will be English.
- Jurisdiction. If the courts or applicable law in your jurisdiction will not permit you to consent to binding arbitration, then any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement will be instituted exclusively in the courts of Washington State sitting in Seattle, and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, or proceeding.
- Class Action Waiver. You agree to waive any right you may have to commence or participate in any class action against addy, and you also agree to opt out of any class proceedings against addy.
- Trial by Jury Waiver. Where applicable, if a dispute arises between us and you, you waive any right you may have to participate in a trial by jury with respect to any dispute you may have with addy.
- Consumer Rights. Nothing in these Terms affects consumer rights that, pursuant to applicable law, cannot be limited or waived.
- Termination by addy. addy may terminate these Terms or stop providing the Platform at any time in its sole discretion.
- Survival. Articles 3, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14 and all other provisions of these Terms which must survive termination of these Terms to fulfill their purpose will survive termination of these Terms or the termination or suspension of your Account.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with laws of Delaware applicable to contracts made and performed therein without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws.
- Assignment. We may assign these Terms in part or in their entirety, including our rights, interests, and obligations hereunder, on written notice to you. These Terms are personal to you, and you may not assign these Terms nor your rights, interests, or obligations under these Terms to any person.
- No Waiver. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. No waiver of a breach of these Terms will constitute a waiver of any other breach of these Terms.
- Severability. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the parties hereby waive any provision of law that would render any clause of these Terms invalid or otherwise unenforceable in any respect. If a provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, such provision will be interpreted to fulfill its intended purpose to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, and the remaining provisions of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
- Headings. Headings are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms.
- Currency. References to dollar amounts in these Terms and on the Platform are in Canadian Dollars unless otherwise stated in writing.
- Language. The parties acknowledge that they have required that the Terms, and all related documents be prepared in English. Les parties reconnaissent avoir exigé que les présentes modalités de vente et tous les documents connexes soient rédigés en anglais. If these Terms are translated into another language, the English language text shall in any event prevail.
- Interpretation. Unless the context otherwise requires, words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa, and words importing gender include all genders. Where the word “including” or “includes” is used in these Terms, it means “including (or includes) without limitation”.
- Enurement. These Terms will enure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties to these Terms and their respective successors, heirs and permitted assigns.
- Notice. Any notices to be provided to addy pursuant to these Terms may be provided by email at the following email address: email@example.com.
- Further Assurances. You agree to provide such further documents or instruments, and take such further actions, reasonably requested by addy, to effect the purposes of these Terms and carry out its provisions.
- Force Majeure. In no event will addy be liable or responsible to you, or be deemed to have defaulted under or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of these Terms, when and to the extent that such failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond addy’s reasonable control, including acts of God, flood, fire, public health emergency, pandemic or communicable disease outbreak including the COVID-19 pandemic, earthquake, tsunami, war, terrorism, riot or other civil unrest, embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of these Terms, national or regional emergency, strikes, labour stoppages or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances, passage of law or any action taken by a governmental or public authority, including restrictions resulting from a health emergency, pandemic or communicable disease outbreak including the COVID-19 pandemic, such as quarantines or other governmental restrictions.
- Relationship of the Parties. Each party to these terms is and shall remain at all times an independent contractor. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed to create any association, partnership, joint venture, agency, fiduciary, or employment relationship between you and addy for any purpose, and neither party has the authority to contract for nor bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
Last updated on 12/03/2018
Information We Collect
User-Provided Data: You provide us with personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your name and e-mail address, when you sign-up as a member of the Service. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses.
If you register with the Service as an authorized investor, we will also ask you to provide us with additional information about yourself, such as your finances and employment record. We are obligated by securities legislation to make a determination whether or not a proposed investment is suitable for you. To assess the suitability of proposed investments, addyinvest.com will also ask you questions to determine if you are qualified to purchase privately issued shares.
If you register with addyinvest.com we will ask you to provide us with information to correctly identify who you are to meet our “know your client” (KYC) obligations under applicable laws and securities regulations.
Your knowledge and consent are required before we collect personally identifiable information about you. Your consent is deemed to have been provided when you click on an appropriate box, tab, or other link; enter personally identifiable information in an Investor Information Form or such other form as we may ask you to complete; or use DocuSign to complete an agreement, acknowledgement or instruction. The electronic record thereof will be considered conclusive evidence of you having accepted, declined, or otherwise acknowledged such matter, absent manifest error by the Service.
Cookies:When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser, enables us to help you log in faster and enhances your navigation through the Site. A cookie does not collect personally identifiable information about you. The Service may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Log-In File: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you view or sign-up with the Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Clear Gifs: When you use the Service, we may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously. No personally identifiable information from your addyinvest.com account is collected using these clear gifs. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing and make the Service better for our users.
How We Use Your Information
We collect and use the personally identifiable information you submit to operate, maintain and provide to you the features and functionality of the Site or as otherwise permitted or required by PIPA or other applicable laws.
By providing addyinvest.com with your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You may not opt out of some service-related communications. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including changes to features of the Site and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out at any time by clicking “Unsubscribe” in any e-mail we send you. If you e-mail us directly, we may e-mail you back and keep records of all of our correspondence.
Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements or offers.
addyinvest.com may use certain personally identifiable information about you and/or your user content. We do this for such purposes as analyzing how the Service is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing advertisements and promotions.
How We Disclose Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information: addyinvest.com may share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the purpose of providing services to you. We may store personally identifiable information in locations outside the direct control of the Service (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain addyinvest.com services.
Non-personally identifiable information may be collected about your usage of the Site and aggregated with data from other users (“Aggregate Data”). This Aggregate Data is anonymous. Aggregate Data is collected to build higher quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users. We may provide statistical information based on this data to advertisers and other current and potential business partners.
How We Protect Your Information
addyinvest.com uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to addyinvest.com and you do so at your own risk. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time; there is no guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from addyinvest.com, at all times.
Unauthorized Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
Your Choices About Your Personally Identifiable Information
You may decline to submit personally identifiable information through addyinvest.com and may withdraw your consent to us collecting, using or disclosing your personally identifiable information at any time by giving us reasonable notice, unless doing so will frustrate performance of a legal obligation (such a contract between you and our organization).
If you decline to submit information through addyinvest.com or withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information you have previously provided to us, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
Retention of Your Personally Identifiable Information
Accuracy of Your Personally Identifiable Information
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the personally identifiable information we collect, use or disclose is accurate and complete, but cannot necessarily verify the personally identifiable information you provide to us. If you wish to correct any errors or omissions in your personally identifiable information that is under our control, contact us using the information below.
If we are satisfied that your request for correction is reasonable, we will, as soon as reasonably possible, correct the personally identifiable information and send the updated personally identifiable information to each organization it was disclosed to in the year before the correction is made. If we do not correct your personally identifiable information, we will note the requested correction on copies of the personally identifiable information under our custody or control.
Access to Your Personally Identifiable Information
You have the right to access your personally identifiable information under our custody or control. A request for access to your personally identifiable information must be made in writing to the address below. We may require individuals to prove their identity before giving you access to your personally identifiable information.
We will provide you with: your personally identifiable information under our control, information about the ways in which such information is or has been used, and the names of the individuals and organizations to which such information has been disclosed. We will provide the requested personally identifiable information within 30 business days after it is requested or give you written notice if we need more time to respond.
PIPA allows us to charge a minimal fee for providing you with access to your personally identifiable information. If a fee is required, we will give you a written fee estimate in advance. We may require payment the fee before releasing the requested personally identifiable information.
In some cases, we may not give an individual access to certain personally identifiable information where authorized or required by PIPA to refuse access. If we refuse an access request, we will inform you in writing, stating the reasons for our refusal and outlining further steps that are available to you.
Links to Other Websites
The information provided on addy’s website, webinars, blog, emails and accompanying material is for informational purposes only. It does not constitute or form any part of any offer or invitation or other solicitation or recommendation to purchase any securities. It should not be considered financial or professional advice. You should consult with a professional to determine what may be best for your individual needs.
Some information contains certain forward-looking information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities legislation (collectively “forward-looking statements”). The use of the words “intention”, “will”, “may”, “can”, and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Although addy believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements and/or information are reasonable, undue reliance should not be placed on forward-looking statements since addy can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results or events to differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements. Furthermore, the forward-looking statements contained in this news release are made as at the date of this news release and addy does not undertake any obligations to publicly update and/or revise any of the included forward-looking statements, whether as a result of additional information, future events and/or otherwise, except as may be required by applicable securities laws.